Declaration on data protection
We are pleased about your interest in our company. The management of CampingCar Online SAS attaches particular importance to the security of user data and the compliance with the provisions of data protection law.
You can visit www.campingcar-online.com without providing any personal data. However, we may have to process your personal data if you wish to benefit from specific services of our company through our website. In the event that such processing is required and if there is no legal basis for this, we always request the express consent of the person concerned.
The processing of personal data such as the name, address, email address or telephone number of a person always takes place in accordance with the general data protection regulations as well as the national data protection regulations applicable to CampingCar Online SARL. With this data protection declaration, our company wishes to inform the public about the nature, extent and purpose of the personal data we collect, use and process. In addition, data subjects will be informed of their rights in this regard.
In its capacity as data controller, CampingCar Online SARL has implemented numerous technical and organisational measures to ensure the fullest possible protection of the personal data collected on this website. However, the transmission of data over the Internet may contain security gaps, making absolute protection impossible. For this reason, data subjects also have the option of transmitting their data to us by other means, for example by telephone.
Identity of the data controller
Entity responsible for processing :
CampingCar Online SAS
Responsible within the meaning of the general data protection regulations, any data protection laws in force in the Member States of the European Union or any other directives relating to data protection is :
CampingCar Online SAS
84 rue de l'Aqueduc
Tel: +33 (0) 9 70 73 63 83
The data protection statement is based on the terminology of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Personal data refers to all information concerning an identified or identifiable natural person (hereinafter "data subject"). An "identifiable natural person" is a natural person who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier, such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier, or to one or more elements specific to his or her physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity.
A data subject is an identified or identifiable natural person whose personal data are processed by the controller.
Processing shall mean any operation or set of operations which is performed upon personal data or sets of personal data, whether or not by automatic means, such as collection, recording, organisation, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, limiting, erasure or destruction.
Responsible or controller of the processing
The controller or person responsible for the processing is the natural or legal person, public authority, agency or other body which alone or jointly with others determines the purposes and means of the processing. Where the purposes and means of such processing are determined by Union law or the law of a Member State, the controller may be designated or the specific criteria for his or her designation may be laid down by Union law or by the law of a Member State.
The processor is the natural or legal person, public authority, agency or other body which processes personal data on behalf of the controller.
The recipient is the natural or legal person, public authority, agency or any other body receiving the communication of personal data, whether or not it is a third party. However, public authorities which may receive personal data in the framework of a specific inquiry in accordance with Union law or the law of a Member State shall not be regarded as recipients.
A third party is a natural or legal person, public authority, department or body other than the data subject, the controller, the processor and persons who, under the direct authority of the controller or processor, are authorised to process personal data.
Consent shall mean any freely given, specific, informed and unambiguous expression of will by which the data subject signifies his or her agreement, by means of a declaration or a clear positive act, to personal data relating to him or her being processed.
Information on the collection of personal data
Collection of data and general information
CampingCar Online SAS needs to collect personal information in order to rent you a vehicle or provide you our other services. We collect personal information when you give it to us, by telephone, post, e-mail, in our branches or by the use you make of one of our websites or by the use of our products and services. Please note that in certain circumstances, when you do not provide the personal information we require, we will not be able to provide you with the products and services for which you have subscribed or we may not be able to comply with a legal obligation. For example, when you rent a vehicle through our services, we may require information such as your name, address, payment information and driver's license. If you do not provide us with this information, as a result we will not be able to rent a vehicle to you. You will be informed if this situation arises and what the consequences of your failure to respond will be.
Through data collection, CampingCar Online SAS can provide its customers with user-friendly services and optimize the information and offers presented on our site to better meet the expectations of the public. Our legitimate interests are :
- to ensure the proper administration and management of our customer relations,
- understand how our customers use our services and optimize our vehicle fleet,
- analyse what services or products our customers want or how they would like our services and products to be improved
- understand how our customers use our websites and identify problems with the use of the websites,
- improve the customer's user experience
- inform our customers about the different products and services we offer and inform them about new -products and services,
- understand and respond to customer feedback in the best possible way,
- improve the promotions and benefits we can offer to our customers,
- manage disputes and accidents and obtain legal or professional advice.
Each time a person consults the www.campingcar-online.com website, certain data and general information is recorded. This information is saved in the server log files. The following data may be recorded :
- the type and version of the web browser used,
- the computer's operating system,
- the URL of the site from which the system accessed www.campingcar-online.com,
- the sub-sites from which the system accessed www.campingcar-online.com,
- the date and time of access to our site,
- the system's Internet service provider,
- any other similar data and information that would enable us to prevent an attack on our computer systems.
These anonymously collected data and information will be evaluated by CampingCar Online SAS for statistical purposes and in order to improve the data protection and data security of our company and thus to guarantee an optimal protection of the personal data we process. Anonymous data from the server log files will be stored separately from all other personal data of the person concerned.
Categories of personal data
In the context of the exercise of our profession, we may process the following categories of personal data:
- Standing data: Standing data include, for example, first name, surname, company name, address (private and/or professional), date of birth, nationality.
- Contact data: contact data includes, for example, telephone number, e-mail address (private and/or business).
- Contractual data: Contractual data includes, for example, rental information (choice of vehicle, date and time of departure and return, pick-up and return agency, reserved services and options), rental contract number, driving licence data, photo of driving licence, number plate of the vehicle you have reserved, rental rate and discounts applied.
- Optional data: Optional data is data that you provide us without our request, such as your wishes regarding vehicle equipment or your preferences regarding vehicle category. It may also include other information such as data concerning your journey to the agency (flight, train, etc.).
- Special data categories: In the event of an accident, vehicle damage or similar incidents, we process information about the circumstances of the claim and the report. This information can be provided by customers, passengers or injured parties. We may also manage data relating to traffic offences, which are processed within a strict framework.
- Data concerning a third party: personal data concerning a third party (for example, family members, secondary drivers, passengers on board) are the data that you are likely to communicate to us in the context of your contractual relationship.
Use of Social Media
CampingCar Online SAS is active in various social media.
A social network is a social platform on the Internet, an online community, which normally allows users to communicate with each other and interact in virtual space. A social network can serve as a platform for the exchange of opinions and experiences or allow the Internet community to present personal or business information.
We have no knowledge of the content of the data transmitted and their use by its companies. You can consult the privacy policies of these individual companies for more information about the purpose and scope of their data processing and their provisions regarding the use of your personal data:
Facebook: Facebook Inc, 1 Hacker Way, Menlo Park, California 94025, USA
For persons residing outside the United States or Canada, the data controller is Facebook Ireland Ltd, 4 Grand Canal Square, Grand Canal Harbour, Dublin 2, Ireland.
Instagram: Instagram Inc, 1601 Willow Road, Menlo Park, CA, 94025, USA
Using Google Tools
The website campingcar-online.com uses several tools from the American internet giant Google. This allows us to become more efficient, stay organized, develop our business and always be at your side.
Google uses this information in order to evaluate your use of the www.campingcar-online.com website, to compile reports on website activities and to provide additional services related to the use of the website and the Internet. This data mainly enables us to optimise the www.campingcar-online.com website and to carry out a cost-benefit analysis of internet advertising.
This service allows you to display interactive maps directly on www.campingcar-online.com for an optimized user experience. The site is thus more functional and attractive to Internet users, this measure represents a legitimate interest for CampingCar Online SAS.
Google Tag Manager
The www.campingcar-online.com site uses the Google Tag Manager service. It allows us to administer tags via a dedicated platform and collect data useful for managing and improving our products and services. In the world of computing and programming, the tag designates a series of characters intended to automatically trigger the execution of an action by a computer program. They are mainly used to enter data.
Our services use Google Ads, Google's online advertising platform. Google Ads installs a cookie on your computer ("Conversion Cookie"), as far as you reach our website through an ad from Google. They are only valid for 30 days and cannot identify you personally. The information collected using the conversion tracking cookie is used to compile conversion statistics for Google Ads customers. AdWords customers learn how many users clicked on their ad and were guided to a page with a conversion tracking tag.
Using the firstname.lastname@example.org box
You can send us requests by email to email@example.com via our website in the contact tab. If you send us requests for information, we store the information you provide (email address, subject of your email, content of your message and the date of contact), including the contact details you entered (surname, first name, address and telephone number if applicable) in order to process your request and in the event of subsequent exchanges. We do not pass on this data without your consent. The e-mail address you have entered remains in our software until you ask us to delete it or revoke your consent to storage.
Purpose and legal basis of the processing operation
Below we explain the legal basis of the data processing we carry out:
The purposes for which we collect information are as follows:
The handling of this information is justified by :
The performance of a contract to which the data subject is a party, as is the case, for example, for the processing of data relating to the provision of a service. The same applies to the processing of data in connection with the execution of pre-contractual measures, e.g. for requests concerning our products or services.
Art. 6, par. 1, lit. b of the GDPR: the processing of your request results from the execution of the Contract between You and Us.
Compliance with a legal obligation to which our company is subject, e.g. compliance with tax obligations.
Art. 6, par. 1 lit c of the GDR
Safeguarding the vital interests of the data subject or of another natural person. For example, if a visitor is injured during a visit to one of our agencies and must therefore provide his or her name, age, social insurance number or other essential information to a doctor, hospital or other third party.
L'art. 6, al. 1 lit d du GDPR.
The data processing measures are necessary for the legitimate interests pursued by our company or by a third party, unless the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject prevail. Such processing measures are particularly permissible for us as they are specifically mentioned in European legislation. European law considers that a legitimate interest may exist if the data subject is a customer of the controller (consideration 47, 2nd sentence, of the GDPR).
L'art. 6, al. 1 lit f du GDPR.
The execution of our business activities for the prosperity of all our employees, customers and shareholders. For example, and among others:
· ensuring the proper administration and management of our customer relationships,
· understand how our customers use our services and optimize our vehicle fleet,
· analyse what services or products our customers want or how they would like our services and products to be improved,
· understand how our customers use our websites and identify problems with the use of the websites,
· improve the customer's user experience,
· inform our customers about the different products and services we offer and inform them about new products and services,
· understand and respond to customer feedback in the best possible way,
· improve the promotions and benefits we can offer to our customers,
· manage disputes and accidents and obtain legal or professional advice.
L'art. 6, al. 1 lit f du GDPR.
Apart from the above cases, our company takes as a legal basis for the processing of personal data art. 6, par. 1, lit. a of the GDPR, and we ask for consent for each specific purpose.
L'art. 6, al. 1 lit f du GDPR.
The purposes for which we collect information are as follows:The processing of this information is justified by:The performance of a contract to which the data subject is a party, as is the case, for example, for data processing related to the provision of a service. The same applies to the processing of data related to the performance of pre-contractual measures, for example for requests concerning our products or servicesArt. 6, para. 1, lit b of the GDPR: the processing of your request results from the performance of the Contract between You and Us.The fulfilment of a legal obligation to which our company is subject, for example the fulfilment of tax obligations.Art. 6, para. 1 lit c of the GDPR The safeguarding of the vital interests of the data subject or of another natural person. For example, if a visitor is injured while visiting one of our branches and therefore has to provide his or her name, age, social insurance number or other essential information to a doctor, hospital or other third party.Art. 6 para. 1 lit. d of the GDPR.Data processing measures are necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by our company or by a third party, unless the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject prevail. Such processing measures are particularly permissible for us, as they are specifically mentioned in European legislation. The latter considers that a legitimate interest may exist if the data subject is a customer of the controller (consideration 47, 2nd sentence, GDPR).Art. 6, para. 1 lit f GDPR.The performance of our business activities for the benefit of all our employees, customers and shareholders. For example, and among others:
- ensuring the proper administration and management of our customer relationship,
- understanding how our customers use our services and optimising our vehicle fleet,
- analysing what services or products our customers want or how they would like our services and products to be improved
- to understand how our customers use our websites and to identify problems with the use of the websites,
- to improve the customer's user experience,
- inform our customers about the different products and services we offer and notify them of new products,
- understand and respond to customer feedback as best we can,
- improve the promotions and benefits we can offer our customers,
- manage disputes and accidents and obtain legal or professional advice.
Art. 6, para. 1 lit f of the GDPR.Apart from the above cases, our company takes as legal basis for the processing of personal data art. 6, para. 1 lit a of the GDPR, and we ask for consent for each specific purpose.art. 6, para. 1 lit f of the GDPR.
Length of time personal data is kept
The length of time your personal data is kept varies according to the purpose for which it was collected:
- Permanent, contact and contractual data are kept beyond the commercial relationship with selective archiving.
- Telephone conversations with our customer support are not retained.
CAMPINGCAR-ON LINE SAS passes on your data internally to various specialised departments in order to meet its legal and contractual obligations. Personal data will only be passed on or disclosed to the extent necessary in accordance with the applicable data protection regulations.
Transmission to third parties
CampingCar Online SAS may pass on personal data to specific third parties in order to provide the corresponding services or applications. These third parties provide external services. They process the data only in accordance with our instructions and are prohibited from using the data for their own commercial purposes.
Transfer to a third country or international organization
CampingCar Online SAS may transfer personal data to recipients located in countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA) for the above-mentioned purposes. The transfer takes place only to fulfil our contractual and legal obligations or on the basis of your consent. The conditions of transfer are protected in accordance with the applicable regulations on the protection of personal data.
Rights of the persons concerned
Right of Access
European directives and regulations grant the data subject of the processing of his personal data the right to obtain free of charge from the data controller the personal data collected concerning him, the purpose of the processing, the categories of data concerned, the recipients or categories of recipients to whom such data have been communicated, the storage periods and a copy of such information. To exercise this right of access, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Right of confirmation
European directives and regulations grant the data subject the right to obtain confirmation from the controller that personal data relating to him/her are being processed. If a data subject wishes to exercise this right to confirmation, he or she may at any time contact the Data Protection Officer.
Right of rectification
You have the right to ask us to correct inaccurate or incomplete personal information about you. If a data subject wishes to exercise this right of rectification or to have incomplete data completed, he or she may at any time contact the Data Protection Officer. We will endeavour to update your personal data as soon as possible.
Right of deletion
In accordance with European directives and regulations, the data subject shall have the right to obtain from the controller the erasure of personal data concerning him/her as soon as possible where one of the following grounds applies and insofar as their processing is not required :
- The personal data are no longer necessary for the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed.
- The data subject withdraws the consent on which the processing is based, in accordance with Art. 6(1)(a) or Art. 9(2)(a) of the GDR, and there is no other legal basis for the processing.
- The data subject objects to the processing on the basis of Art. 21(1) of the GPRD and there is no compelling legitimate reason for the processing, or the data subject objects to the processing on the basis of Art. 21(2) of the GPRD.
- The personal data have been processed unlawfully.
- The personal data must be erased to comply with a legal obligation under Union law or the law of the Member State to which the controller is subject.
- The personal data were collected in the context of the provision of information society services as referred to in Art. 8, para. 1 of the PDSG.
- If one of the following points apply and a data subject wishes to have personal data registered with CampingCar Online SAS deleted, he or she may contact the Data Protection Officer at any time. He will ensure that the request is acted upon immediately. Please note that we may retain certain information about you when the law requires us to do so or when we have a legitimate reason to do so.
Right to limit processing
The data subject has the right to obtain from the Data Protection Officer, the limitation of the processing of personal data when one of the following applies :
The accuracy of the personal data is contested by the data subject, for a period of time allowing the controller to verify the accuracy of the data.
The processing is unlawful and the data subject objects to the deletion of the personal data and instead demands the limitation of their use.
The controller no longer needs the personal data for the purposes of the processing, but they are still necessary for the data subject to establish, exercise or defend legal claims.
The data subject has objected to the processing on the basis of art. 21, para. 1 of the GDPR, during the verification as to whether the legitimate reasons pursued by the Data Protection Officer take precedence over those of the data subject.
Revocation of your consent to data processing
In accordance with European directives and regulations, any data subject has the right to revoke his or her consent to the processing of his or her personal data at any time.
If the data subject wishes to exercise his right to revoke his consent, he may at any time contact email@example.com.
As a responsible company, we refrain from automatic decision-making processes or profiling.