What you mustn't forget for your trip in Canada
Type of luggage
If you are doing a one-way trip, collecting and returning your motorhome in different cities, it is best to use soft, flexible bags or backpacks. These types of bags can be folded and more easily stored away in the motorhome once you have unpacked. Hard suitcases will waste space in the vehicle. If you are doing a round trip, collecting and returning your motorome in the same city, you can leave your empty bags in a storage area at the local rental agency where you collect your motorhome.
It is also a good idea to keep a small day bag avaliable so that you can carry valuables with you when you leave the motorhome to site see.
- National and international drivers licences
- Plane tickets
- Vouchers for collecting your motorhome, hotel and ferry bookings/tickets/vouchers etc.
- Credit card (inform your bank of your trip so that your card is not blocked). Make sure you know your credit card's daily/monthly withdrawal limits
- Travel insurance information
Advice: Leave copies of your important travel documents with family or friends so that they can be faxed to you in case of emergency.
- Mobile phone (make sure you know the costs involved in using your phone in another country)
- Medical prescriptions, reading glasses, contact lenses
- Sun glasses
- Travel guides
- Address book
- Phone, computer, camera chargers, etc.
- CDs for the road
- IPod/Mp3, chargers, speakers, earphones
- Camera (take extra memory cards)
- Plug adapters
- Books (you can swop books at some of the local motorhome rental companies)
- Watch with alarm
- Playing cards and other games
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
- Shampoo and conditioner
- Hair dryer
- Suncream (minimum SPF 30)
- Basic first aid kit (bandaids, bandages, aspirin, antihistamines, antiseptic solution, scissors, etc).
- Medical prescriptions
- Wet wipes
In winter these are indispensible:
- Warm clothes wool jersey/pull-over or fleece, warm pants (jeans may not be warm enough).
- Warm under clothes long johns, vests, preferably silk, wool or coton.
- Warm Jackets, coats, raincoat, wind breaker.
- Good winter shoes.
- Gloves, scarves, hats and beanies are also important to avoid getting cold.
- Light clothing T-shirts, shirts, shorts etc…
- But also pants, jersey/sweater and a jacket because in spite of the heat the mornings and evenings often remain chilly.
- Casual clothes for going out in the city in the evening
- Walking/hiking shoes
- Sandals/thongs that can be worn in water and sand, and used in communal camp showers
Motorhomes in Canada
4x4s in Canada
Truck Campers in Canada
Class B in Canada
Luxury Coaches in Canada
Campevans in Canada
Canada: The horizon is the limit! Ideal for motorhome travel, a holiday with complete freedom!
Canada is a popular country - book months in advance
The permit B driving license is sufficient for driving even the biggest motorhomes, the driving conditions are easy, the national parks welcome vehicles of all sizes!
The Indian summer period from mid September to mid October will allow you to enjoy the nature at the best prices.
The camping sites are spacious and numerous throughout the country