Prepare your suitcases
The useful and... not the superfluous.
Type of luggage
It is best for your motorhome trip in France especially if you take a vehicle in one town and leave it in another to leave with soft bags or backpacks. Indeed you will be able to store these bags more easily in the motorhome and not lose space unnecessarily. In case you leave your vehicle in the same city as you left it, you can always leave your empty suitcases in a locker at the rental centre.
Also equip yourself with a bag for the day so that you can always keep your valuables with you.
- National and international driving licence.
- Plane tickets.
- Voucher/voucher for your motorhome, hotels, ferry etc.
- Your credit card (don't forget to tell your banker about your trip so that he doesn't block your card). Ask also about the daily debit amount authorized by your bank card.
- Information about your travel insurance.
Tip: Remember to leave a copy of your important documents with your family or friends so that they can fax them to you if necessary.
- Mobile phone (be sure to check with your operator to find out how much it costs to use your phone in France).
- Medical prescription, reading glasses, contact lenses.
- Travel guide.
- Address book.
- Chargers for telephones, cameras, computers, etc.
- CDs for the road.
- IPod/Mp3, chargers, speakers or headphones.
- Camera (also consider taking extra memory cards).
- Adapter for French plugs.
- Pocket knife.
- Books (you can exchange in rental centers with other books).
- Watch with alarm.
- Games of cards and others.
- Toilet bag
- Toothbrush and toothpaste.
- Shampoo and conditioner.
- Hair dryer.
- Cosmetic products.
- Sun cream (minimum index 30).
- First aid kit (bandage, aspirin, antihistamine, antiseptic, scissors, etc).
- Medical prescription.
- Road snack.
- Warm pullover (nights can be cool in some areas please check our climate page).
- Warm trousers if you are going to an area where temperatures can be low.
- T-shirts and long-sleeved shirts.
- Dress for your evenings out on the town.
- Bathing suits and beach towels.
- Cap or hat for cool nights.
- Hat for the sun.
- Walking shoes.
Sandals that can go underwater very practical on the beach or in the campground showers.
- Laundry bag
Motorhomes in France
Campervans in France
Luxury Coaches in France
Class B in France
To get the best rates, reservations should be made well in advance.
France is a country in which hotels and restaurants are expensive, it is more economical to travel by motorhome.