Practical advice for your trip in Australia
Useful information for preparing for your trip
The time change
- Due to its large size, Australia is spread across 3 time zones. The time changes are roughly divided into 3 areas, although it can be more complicated. The hours below are for travel from Paris:
- In west Australia add 7h.
- In the central stip of Australia (north and south) add 8h30. The northern parts do not change the clocks in the summer and winter, but the southern parts do.
- In Queensland, New South Wales and Tasmania add 9h. The northern parts do not change the clocks in the summer and winter, but the southern parts do.
- When it is 10h00 in Paris, it is 17h00 in Perth, 18h30 in Adelaide and Darwin and 19h00 in Canberra and Sydney.
- The switch to summer times (+1h) in the relevant states occurs between October and March.
Electrical voltage in Australia is between 220 and 240V.
Plugs in Australia use 3 points, not 2. Pack plug adapters for all your electrical equipment and phone, camera, computer etc. chargers.
Police, firefighters et ambulance (emergencies) : 000
Federal Police: 11 444
Motorhomes in Australia
4wds in Australia
Campervans in Australia
Profile Vans in Australia
To receive the best rates bookings must be made well in advance.
Australia is a country in which hotels and restaurants are expensive, it is more economical to travel by motorhome.
The country is vast and it is easy to find places to camp for the night outside of residential and tourist areas.
Many fleets in Australia can be very worn down. Beware of the disappointment that comes with the lowest prices!
Many opportunities to camp outside of established campgrounds, as great as they are!